Knee Pain Management & Relief with our Fayetteville Chiropractor
The staff at Fayetteville Accident and Injury Center prides itself on providing an optimal experience for our patients, and we want you to know that we go above and beyond spinal care. We holistically treat several areas and systems within the body, including the oft-injured knee joint.
Causes & Symptoms of Knee Pain
Your knee pain may happen due to an acute injury, as may happen in an auto accident or sports accident. Alternatively, perhaps you develop progressive and chronic knee pain, often with no clear precipitating event.
Here are a few of the most causes of and factors contributing to knee pain as determined by our Fayetteville chiropractor:
- Arthritis (including osteoarthritis and gout)
- Meniscus tear
- Knee ligament sprain or tear (e.g., ACL/MCL rupture, common in sports like soccer and football)
- Quadriceps muscle strain
- Patellar tendonitis
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (e.g., "runner's knee")
You may be more at risk for a knee injury if you have poor body mechanics during sports, are overweight, over train or under-train, have a physically demanding job, or if you have certain postural abnormalities such as a flat feet or wide quadriceps to patellar tendon ratio (called Q angle, often associated with wide hips and knocked-knees).
In addition to pain, knee joint dysfunction is often associated with redness, stiffness, swelling, warmth, muscle tenderness, joint instability, and audible or palpable joint creaking, popping, or grinding. Day-to-day functional tasks, like walking up stairs, standing up from a chair, or even driving in a car can be impaired (let alone your ability to work out!).
How Our Chiropractor in Fayetteville Treats Knee Pain
Since knee pain has such a wide number of causes and risk factors, it can occur in a people of all ages. One of the main benefits of the services offered by our chiropractor in Fayetteville is that they are safe for children, adults, and seniors. Our holistic knee pain treatments include:
- Ergonomics training and postural training, to reduce aberrant forces and strain on your knees and teach you how to manage and prevent your symptoms
- Corrective exercises, to improve strength and flexibility of important muscles and connective tissues in your feet, legs, and hips
- Chiropractic adjustments, to maximize alignment of your postural chain and facilitate the release pain-relieving neurotransmitters and hormones
- Heat therapy, to soothe your pain and relieve localized inflammation and swelling by stimulating increased circulation
Schedule an Appointment for Knee Pain Treatment with our Fayetteville Chiropractor
Fayetteville chiropractor Dr. Joshua McDowell is here to help you start feeling and functioning better today. Contact us now by calling (910) 484-2001 to schedule your initial appointment, FREE for new patients!